Poly VVX 501 - Quick Start Guide
Your Desktop Device
- Voicemail Indicator
- The indicator is on the upper right corner of the phone. The light flashes red to indicate new messages.
- Home is the closest button to the top edge of the phone along the right edge. Press from any screen to return to home screen.
- LCD Touchscreen
- The LCD touchscreen is a smooth rectangular area in the top half of the center of the phone. The touchscreen provides useful information and access to advanced features.
- These are displayed at the bottom of the LCD touchscreen, which is the smooth rectangular area in the top half of the center of the phone. These keys perform the labeled function. They are context-sensitive and may change depending on the state of the phone.
- Function Buttons
- Headset, Speaker and Mute keys. These keys are located along the right edge of the phone.
- Volume Control
- The volume key is located at the bottom of the phone below the dial pad. This key adjusts the volume of the handset, headset, speaker and phone's ringer.
- The microphone port is on the bottom, right-hand side of the phone.
- Key Pad / Dial Pad
- The dial pad is located on the bottom half of the phone.
- The speaker is the handset on the left-hand side of the phone. The speaker provides ringer and hands-free (speakerphone) audio output.
Using Your Desktop Device
- Placing a Call
- First, dial number. Then, pick up handset. For hands-free speakerphone – dial number, then press the Speaker button or press Dial softkey.
- Answer a Call
- Pick up handset. For hands-free speakerphone, press the Answer softkey or press the Speaker button.
- Dial a Number From Your Directories
- From the Home View, select Directories, then select Contact Directory. Select contact, then the number from the Contact Information Screen.
- Dial a Number From Your Recent Calls
- From Home View, select Directories, then select Recent Calls. Press Sort or to sort and order calls; Press Type or to display only certain calls. Select a call record to call the person. Note: The Sort and Type are examples of icons visible on the LCD touchscreen. The touchscreen is not accessible to visually impaired users.
- Placing a Call on Hold
- From Lines, Calls or Active Call view, press the Hold softkey or function button. To retrieve the call, press Resume softkey or Hold function button again.
- Call Park / Call Retrieve
- Call Park places a call on hold so that other users assigned to Call Park service can retrieve that call from any phone in office.
- To Park: Press Hold and then *68, or just press Park softkey (the Park softkey does the same thing as HOLD and *68). Enter the extension where the call will be parked, and then press #.
- To Retrieve: Pick up Handset, press *88 or the Retrieve softkey. Enter the extension where the call was parked then #.
- Announced Transfer: Press the Transfer softkey or function button to place active call on hold. Dial the number where you want to transfer the call. Once the third-party answers, announce the call and press Transfer softkey or function button.
- Blind Transfer: Press the Transfer softkey or function button to place active call on hold. Press Blind softkey. (If you don’t see Blind, press More softkey.) Dial the number where you want to transfer the call.
- Transfer to Voicemail: Press the Transfer softkey or function button to place active call on hold. Next, enter *55 and dial the party’s extension, then #.
- Press Mute function button to silence your phone’s mouth piece and speaker. To turn mute off, press Mute again.
- Press Messages from Home View or press Messages function button. Press Message Center, then Connect. Your phone will ring your Voice Portal. Enter your passcode, then #. Follow voice prompts to listen to delete/save messages.
- Place the first call. Then, press the Confrnc softkey to place the next call and dial the number. The active call will be on hold. (If you don’t see Confrnc softkey, press More softkey.) After the second call answers, press the Confrnc softkey again to join all parties in the conference. All parties will be disconnected when you exit the call.
- Press End Call to remove you from the call, but keep the other participants connected.
- Press Manage to manage each participant.
- Tap Split to end the conference and hold all participants.
- Press the Forward softkey from Home or Lines view. Select forwarding type and enter the number where you want your calls forwarded and press Enable softkey. Calls Forwarded will be displayed on LCD screen. To turn off Call Forwarding, press Forward from Home or Lines view. Select Forwarding type, and press Disable softkey.
Visual Call Park
Visual Call Park is an optional Unified Communications functionality. Once requested, the appearance of the available Visual Call Parks are represented in the line keys / Busy Lamp Field (BLFs) on every phone that’s in the customer’s location. It is either vacant or occupied (with a parked call).
Everyone on the site sees the same parking spots and their status (whether a call is parked or not), and can either park a call in a vacant spot, or retrieve a call from an occupied spot.
For consistency, all phones in the location must be provisioned precisely the same way, in this case being the Poly VVX 501. The client must also select between 4 parking spots (up to 12 phones per site), or three parking spots (up to 16 phones per location).
Please Note: Visual Call Park is only available for the Poly VVX 501 desktop phone.
To use Visual Call Park, while on an active call:
- Press the Home Button, so the Line Key view is displayed. Here you will see your available Visual Call Park spots.
- Proceed to park the call at any vacant call park spot by tapping the Visual Call Park spot.
- Once this is complete, the call will be parked and indicated by the letter “P” enclosed in a yellow circle.
- Once the call is parked, everyone in the location can see the parked call occupying the parking spot.
- Any user can then retrieve the call to his / her line freeing up that spot.
- To retrieve the Parked Call, press the corresponding line key.
Key Expansion Module
The Poly VVX Expansion Module broadens the usefulness of Poly VVX Desktop phones with additional multifunctional line keys.
- Line Keys
- Line buttons are located on the sides of the display. These buttons are used to view calls on a line or access speed dials or show call appearances.
- Page Buttons
- The Page buttons are used to switch pages of line key options.