The Call Pickup service enables a telephone call to be answered by anyone within a defined group. For example, a call to a company's customer support number could be answered by anyone within a customer service group.
To access Call Pickup settings, follow these steps:
- From the dashboard of the admin portal, select Group Services from the left-hand navigation.
- In the Site Services drop-down menu, select Call Pickup.
From the Call Pickup page, you can add or delete groups as well as assign users to those groups.
To configure Call Pickup settings, follow these steps:
- If no groups are already created, enter a name and select NEW. To add an additional group, select ADD and enter a name. You can also delete a group you no longer require by selecting it and selecting DELETE.
- Select the group to edit in Group Name.
- Search for users by entering Last Name, First Name, and/or Department name in the Users fields and selecting SEARCH.
- Add or remove users from the currently selected group:
- ADD > Add currently selected Available User to the group.
- < REMOVE Remove currently selected Assigned User from the group.
- ADD ALL >> Add all users in Available Users to the group.
- << REMOVE ALL Remove all users from the group.
Hint: To select a range of names, select the first name, press the SHIFT key, select the last name, and then release the SHIFT key. You can also select non-sequential names by pressing CTRL while you select on each name.
- Save your changes by selecting SAVE.