The guide is for the Poly TRIO 8800. This guide will cover the basics of your Poly TRIO 8800 device.
- Placing Calls
- To place a call, tap on the Place a Call icon.
- Enter the contact’s phone number on the keypad. Then tap on the green Dial key.
To place a call via your Contacts or Recent Call list:
- Tap on Contacts or Recent Calls from the Home screen. Then tap on the desired Contact. The call will automatically take place.
- Answering Calls
You can choose to answer the call in different ways when you receive an incoming call on Poly Trio.
- To answer a call, tap the Answer icon.
To answer an incoming call when you’re already on an active call:
- Tap on the Answer key on your screen. Your first call will automatically be placed on hold.
- To retrieve your first call, tap on the Caller and tap on the Resume icon.
- Placing Calls on Hold and Resuming Calls from Hold
- To put an active call on hold, tap the Hold key. The call screen will display the call is On Hold.
- To resume the call, tap on the Resume key.
If you have more than one call on hold, select the call you wish to reconnect with and tap the Resume key.
- Initiating Conference Calls
To initiate a Conference Call while on an active call:
- Tap on the “Add” icon, this will automatically place the first call on hold.
- Enter the second contact’s phone number. The contact is added to the conference after they answer the initial call.
To join two calls into a Conference Call:
- You can join an active call and a call on hold by selecting both numbers and tapping the Merge Calls.
- Setting Up Your Default Transfer Option
How you transfer a call on Poly Trio varies depending on the default transfer type. You can either set the default to a Blind or Consulted Transfer. To do this:
- Navigate to Settings and then select Basic.
- Choose Preferences.
- Select Default Transfer Type and select the type of transfer you would like.
- Performing a Blind Transfer
A Blind or Unattended transfer takes place when you transfer a call to someone else without announcing the call first. To conduct a blind transfer while your default transfer type is set to blind:
- While on an active call, tap the Transfer icon. Enter the destination number to transfer the call to. The call will transfer automatically.
- Performing a Consulted Transfer
A Consulted or announced transfer is performed when you announce the call to the recipient prior to transferring the call. To conduct a consulted transfer while your default transfer is set to consult:
- While on an active call, select the Consult key, the caller is automatically placed on hold. Then enter the destination number to transfer the call. Once the party answers, announce the call. Then tap the Complete Transfer key to complete the transfer.
- Adjusting the Speaker Ringer Volume
To change the speaker volume during an active call, tap the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons next to the Touchscreen.
To change the ringer volume, when the phone is in the idle state, tap on the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons.