Anywhere Connect helps you stay in touch with colleagues using chat, for quick interactions when it’s not convenient to talk. You can also send files and share your desktop. This guide takes you through the steps for using these features with Anywhere Connect.
How do I send a chat?
- To initiate a Chat Session, select the name of the recipient from your contact list, communication history, or the directory.
- Then, select the Chat icon. You can also right click on the contact’s name and select Chat.
- To add another contact to a Chat Session, drag and drop the contact into the Chat Session.
If someone initiates a Chat Session with you, a pop-up notification appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Additional Chat Communication Options:
You can initiate other communications from the chat window by using the communication icons at the bottom of the window.
- To send a Chat Message, enter your note into the textbox.
- To add an Emoticon to the message, select on the Emoticon menu and select your emoticon. Then, hit Enter on the keyboard to send the message.
- You can initiate an Audio call by selecting either the Audio or Call from Phone icon.
- You can initiate a Video Call by selecting the Video Call icon.
How do I initiate a group chat session?
To initiate a Group Chat session, select the participants you would like to invite in your contact list. Select multiple by holding down the SHIFT key when clicking on the contact names. Then, right click and select Chat. More people can be added later to the chat by drag-and-drop. Only the owner can add more participants.
A group chat works the same way as a one-to-one chat. All messages from anyone are sent to everyone else. All contacts need to be online to be able to participate in a group chat. You cannot invite an offline contact or a contact that is not on a device that supports group chat. This does not affect the group chat in any way.
Chat rooms can be moderated by the owner. Use the right-click menu options to remove a participant from your chat room. If needed, the removed participant can join later.
How do I send files?
There are two methods for sending files during a Chat Session.
- Drag and drop the file into the communications window.
- Select the Send File icon to browse for the file on your computer.
- Then, select Open to send the file.
- The contact to whom you are sending the file will receive a pop-up notification asking to accept the file.
How do I share my desktop?
From the communication window, you can perform Desktop Sharing with another user.
- Select the Start Sharing icon.
- Next, to start sharing your desktop select the Start Desktop Sharing button.
- The person who you are attempting to share with will receive a message to Click to Open Share.
- Once you are sharing, you can select the Pause Desktop Sharing button to pause what the viewer is seeing or the End Sharing button to end the desktop share, and at any point, you can select Copy Link to copy the invitation link to your clipboard and email it to another person.