Anywhere Connect Desktop – Adding Contacts, Contact Status and Contact Groups
How do I add contacts?
Your Contact List is used to store contacts with whom you frequently communicate and wish to share presence information.
- To add a contact, select the Search and Dial text box and enter the name, partial name, phone number or partial phone number.
- Expand the Directory Headers to find the contact to add.
- Find the contact to add, then right click and select Add Contact.
- Once added, you can select on the Contacts tab on the main window to view the contact.
How do I set a contact as a favorite?
- To set a contact as a Favorite, right click on the contact and select Set as Favorite.
How do I create a contact group?
You can also create Contact Groups. These could represent groups of users you frequently contact. For example, you can create a group of contacts that represents people on a project team.
- To create a Contact Group, select the Plus icon next to the Search and Dial text box.
- Then, select Add Group.
- Enter the name of the group, then select OK. The Contact Group will now appear in your Contact List.
How do I add a contact to a contact group?
- To add a contact to a specific Contact Group, right click on the contact to add, then select Add to Group.
- Then, choose the name of the group to which to add them. The contact will now be added to the Contact Group.
- If you do not see the contact under the Contract Group, select on the Contract Group to expand it.
- To remove a contact, right click and select Remove from Group.
Note: Individual contacts can be a part of multiple Contact Groups.
How do I communicate with a contact group?
Once a Contact Group has been created, you can initiate Group Chat Sessions, Group Voice or Video Calls, and Desktop Sharing Sessions.
- To initiate, simply right click on the group header to make your selection.
- A communication window will open starting the function you select.
How do I view a contacts' presence status or subscribe to a contact?
If you subscribe to a contact, you will create a Presence relationship with that person. This means you can see the contact's current Presence Status, his or her location, as well as any Status Messages he or she has posted.
- To subscribe to a contact, right click on the contact's name and select Subscribe. The contact you wish to subscribe to will receive a notification.
- Once accepted, the Presence relationship will be established.
- If you unsubscribe from a contact, you will remove the Presence relationship between yourself and that contact. This means you will no longer see the contact's Presence information and that contact will not see yours.
- To unsubscribe, right click the contact, then select Unsubscribe.
Note: The same process applies when adding contacts from the company directory.
Note: Unsubscribed contacts remain in the contacts list, although no presence information is shown. You must remove the contact to delete that person from your contacts list.