Download and Installation
- Go to our Downloads and Links page and select the download link for Anywhere Connect.
- Download the .exe file (or .dmg file for Mac) and follow the installation instructions.
- Double-click the installer executable and follow the installation instructions.
- Launch Anywhere Connect.
Install (MAC) –
- Double-click the disk image.
- Copy the application into the Applications folder.
- Launch Anywhere Connect.
- Select the application from the desktop shortcut that was saved when installed, or from its location on your computer.
Note: If you installed Anywhere Connect on a MAC, a desktop shortcut will not be created automatically.
- Once the application has started, enter your Username and Password.
- If you want the application to save your password, select on the Remember Password checkbox. Selecting this box also gives you the option to sign in automatically.
- Select the Sign In button.
- Upon login, you will be prompted to allow it to integrate with your Microsoft Outlook contact lists and calendars. If you allow this functionality, Outlook integration will enable the desktop application to:
- Access your Outlook contact list when processing searches in the search and dial field.
- Automatically update your presence status to Busy or In a Meeting, when you have a meeting scheduled in Outlook, and back to Available at the end of the scheduled meeting
Note: The MAC version will not prompt you for Outlook integration because it is not supported at this time.
- Select Yes to accept or No to skip this integration.
Once you are signed in, you can personalize your user profile settings.
- Select My Presence Info at the top of the main window to expand the My Information section. From here, you can change your Avatar, Presence Status, Location and Status Message.
- Avatar – Your Avatar is the picture that represents you when your contacts see you in their contact list and in their communication window. You can select any image from your computer to be used as your Avatar.
- To browse your computer for a new image, right-click the Avatar icon and select Change Profile Photo.
- Select the image and select Open to set it as your Avatar image.
- Optionally, you can set your Avatar back to the default image by selecting Clear Profile Photo.
- Presence Status – Presence Status is used to indicate whether you are available and willing to communicate.
- To change your Presence Status, select the drop-down menu next to your Avatar image.
- Then, select one of the available options. You can choose from Available, Away, Busy and Offline
Note: If you choose Offline as your Status, you will not be able to view any of your contacts’ Presence Statuses.
- You can also enter a Status Message in the Status Message field. This message text is shown after your name when others observe your name in their contact list.
- To add a message, select the What’s On Your Mind? field and type your message.
- Then, press Enter.
To sign out, select File then, select Sign Out.
Note: If you simply close the main window, the application does not exit but rather is minimized to the system tray. This allows you to continue to receive calls and messages without having the window open on the desktop and task bar.
What is Anywhere Connect Skype4Business?
The Spectrum Anywhere Connect Skype4Business (S4B) Windows desktop application is a powerful tool for the avid Office 365 user. It allows Microsoft Skype4Business users to make and receive telephone calls outside of their domain (i.e. external PSTN calls). It seamlessly runs side-by-side with Spectrum’s hosted/cloud business telephony along with Microsoft’s Skype4Business interface those users are familiar with. With this integration, it is important to note that Instant Messaging and Presence functionality (IM&P), contact information, desktop sharing and person-to-person video calls, will be disabled for Anywhere Connect S4B users, as the user will be using this functionality through the S4B.
Anywhere Connect S4B enables a “Busy – In a Call” S4B status for users while on a call, plus Click-to-Dial functionality from S4B, Internet Explorer, and Outlook. Additionally, with S4B integration with Anywhere Connect, Anywhere Connect can intercept outbound S4B audio calls. The Anywhere Connect desktop client will intercept any S4B call, when the recipient is not available on S4B, and directly place a call to the recipient’s phone number.
Note: The Skype4Business integration is available for via the Windows desktop app (it is not available on MAC users).
Learn more about the user experience with Anywhere Connect, when integrated with Skype4Business, in this guide