Poly VVX 450 - Quick Start Guide
Table of contents
Your Desktop Device
- Voicemail Indicator
- The indicator is on the upper right corner of the phone. The light flashes red to indicate new messages.
- The functions for the soft-key buttons appear directly above them on display. Their functions are context-sensitive, which means the function of the soft-keys changes depending on your current activity. For example, if you are conferencing, the soft-keys display functions related to the conference feature.
- Home Button
- The Home button is located to the right of the navigational keys. Press this button from any screen to return to the Home screen.
- Navigation Button
- By pressing left or right, you can scroll through the options and lists on the display up or down. To select an item, press the OK button in the center of the four-way navigation arrows. To cancel or back up to a previous screen, press the cancel (X) button below the down navigation arrow.
- Headset, Speaker, and Mute Keys
- These keys are located along the right edge of the phone and used as they are stated.
- Volume Key
- The volume key is located at the bottom of the phone below the dial pad. This key adjusts the volume of the handset, headset, speaker, and phone's ringer.
- Transfer Button
- This button will transfer active calls to another number.
- Message Button
- This button gives you access to your voicemail messages.
- Hold Button
- This button will place a call on hold.
- Back Button
- This button cancels actions or returns to the previous screen when pressed.
- Line Keys
- These buttons indicate the status of your lines and associated activity. The backlighting informs you when a line is idle, ringing, in use, on hold, or disconnected.
Using Your Desktop Device
- Placing a Call
- First, dial the number. Then, pick up the handset. For hands-free speakerphone – dial number, then press the Speaker button or press Dial softkey.
- Answer a Call
- Pick up the handset. For hands-free speakerphone, press the Answer softkey or press the Speaker button.
- Dial a Number From Your Directories
- Press the Home button, and then select Directories. Proceed to Contact Directory. Select the contact, then the number from the Contact Information Screen, and then press Ok.
- Dial a Number From Your Recent Calls
- Press the Home button, then select Directories. Proceed to Recent Calls. Press the Sort softkey to sort and order calls; Press Type to display only specific calls. Select a call record to call the person.
- Placing a Call on Hold
- From Lines, Calls, or Active Call view, press the Hold softkey or function button. To retrieve the call, press the More softkey and press the Resume softkey or Hold function button again.
- Call Park / Call Retrieve
- Call Park places a call on hold so that other users assigned to Call Park service can retrieve that call from any phone in the office.
- To Park: Press the Park softkey (the Park softkey does the same thing as Hold and *68). Enter the extension where the call will be parked, and then press #.
- To Retrieve: Press the Retrieve softkey. Enter the extension where the call was parked then #.
- Transferring a Call
- Announced Transfer: Press the Transfer button to place an active call on hold. Dial the number where you want to transfer the call. Once the third-party answers, announce the call and press the Transfer button.
- Blind Transfer: Press the Transfer button to place an active call on hold. Press Blind softkey (If you don’t see Blind, press More softkey,) Dial the number where you want to transfer the call.
- Transfer to Voicemail: Press the Transfer button to place an active call on hold. Next, enter *55 and dial the party’s extension, then #.
- Mute a Call
- Press the Mute function button to silence your phone’s mouthpiece and speaker. To turn mute off, press Mute again.
- Listening to Voicemail
- Press Messages from Home View or press the Messages function button. Then press the Connect softkey. Your phone will ring your Voice Portal. Enter your passcode, then #. Follow the voice prompts to listen to delete/save messages.
- 3-Way Conferencing
- Place the first call. Then, press the More soft key, followed by the Conference softkey to place the next call and dial the number. The active call will be on hold. (If you don’t see Confrnc softkey, press More softkey.) After the second call answers, press the Conference softkey again to join all parties in the conference. All parties will be disconnected when you exit the call.
- Press End Call to remove yourself from the call, but keep the other participants connected.
- Press Manage to manage each participant.
- Press the More soft key and press the Split soft key to end the conference and hold all participants.
- Forwarding Calls
- Press the Forward softkey from Home or Lines view. Select the forwarding type and enter the number to forward your calls to. Then press Enable softkey. Calls Forwarded will be displayed on the LCD screen. To turn off Call Forwarding, press the More softkey and then press the Forward softkey. Select the forwarding type and press Disable softkey.
Visual Call Park
Visual Call Park is an optional Unified Communications functionality. Once requested, the appearance of the available Visual Call Parks is represented in the line keys / Busy Lamp Field (BLFs) on every phone that’s in the customer’s location. It is either vacant or occupied (with a parked call).
Everyone on the site sees the same parking spots and their status (whether a call is parked or not), and can either park a call in a vacant spot, or retrieve a call from an occupied spot.
For consistency, all phones in the location must be provisioned precisely the same way, in this case being the Poly VVX 450. The client must also select between 4 parking spots (up to 12 phones per site), or three parking spots (up to 16 phones per location).
To use Visual Call Park, while on an active call:
- Press the HOME Button, so the Line Key view is displayed. Here you will see your available Visual Call Park spots.
- Proceed to park the call at any vacant call park spot by tapping the VISUAL CALL PARK (VCP 1) spot.
- Once this is complete, the call will be parked and indicated by a white phone icon.
- Once the call is parked, everyone in the location can see the parked call occupying the parking spot.
- Any user can then retrieve the call to his / her line freeing up that spot.
- To retrieve the Parked Call, press the corresponding line key.
Key Expansion Module
- Line Keys
- Line buttons are located on the sides of the display. These buttons are used to view calls on a line or access speed dials or show call appearances.
- Page Buttons
- The Page buttons are used to switch pages of line key options.