The Calling Plans page manages the calling plans for members in your group or department. This page is accessed within the admin portal from the Group Services page.
When configuring the you Calling Plan settings, first select the group or department you would like to modify the calling plan for in the Group / Department drop-down menu.
To add a digit string to your calling plan, follow these steps:
- Select ADD.
- Enter the Name and Digit String.
- Select SAVE your changes.
To edit a digit string, follow these steps:
- Select EDIT next to one you would like to modify.
- Edit the Name and Digit String.
- To keep your changes, select SAVE.
- Delete a digit string, select the digit string and select DELETE.
Incoming Calling Plan
The Incoming Calling Plan settings are used to restrict incoming calls to the group or to departments in the group. You can prevent the following types of calls:
- Calls From Within Group
- Calls From Outside Group
- Collect Calls
Note: In Enterprise scenarios, the “Calls from within the group” and “Calls from outside the group” screening criteria refer only to calls from outside the Enterprise. Calls from outside the group but within the same enterprise do not trigger the “Calls from within the group” and “Calls from outside the group” screening criteria.
To change incoming call privileges for the group or departments, follow these steps:
- In the Calls From Outside Group dropdown, choose one of these settings:
- Allow: Allows users in the group or department to receive all calls from outside the group.
- Partial: Allows users in the group or department to receive calls from outside the group only if the outside calls are transferred or forwarded by other users inside the group.
- Block: Prevents users in the group or department from receiving any calls from outside the group, even if the outside calls have been transferred or forwarded by other users inside the group.
Note: Fully restricted users ("Block" in Calls From Outside Group column) cannot pick up outside calls in their call pickup group or outside calls parked by a user in their group. Fully restricted users can receive calls from City-Wide Centrex (CWC) users when both are in the same CWC group.
- To keep your changes, select SAVE.
Outgoing Calling Plan
The Outgoing Calling Plan settings are used to modify the types of calls that users in your group or departments can make. For each department, select a value from the drop-down list for each call type listed:
- Y - Authorizes the call type for users in the group or department.
- N - blocks access to the call type for users in the group or department.
- A - forces users in the group or department to supply an authorization code when the call type is detected.
- TX - (where X = 1, 2, or 3) transfers users in the group or department to the specified transfer number when the call type is detected.
Call types are defined as follows:
- Group: Calls within a user's BroadWorks group.
- Local: Calls within the same geographic region.
- Toll Free: Free calls to numbers beginning with 1, usually followed by 800, 877, or 888.
- Toll: Chargeable calls within the same geographic region.
- International: Chargeable calls to other countries.
- Operator Assisted: Calls made with the chargeable assistance of an operator.
- Chargeable Directory Assistance: Chargeable calls made to Directory Assistance, such as 411 or 555-1212.
- Special Services I: Calls to 700 numbers. These calls may or may not be chargeable.
- Special Services II: Reserved for the system administrator's discretion.
- Premium Services I: Chargeable calls to 900 numbers.
- Premium Services II: Chargeable calls to 976 numbers.
- Casual: 1010XXX chargeable calls, such as 1010321.
- URL Dialing: Calls made to URLs outside the group (for example, to an e-mail address outside of the group).
- Unknown: Calls to unknown call types.