Unity Desktop is an application that simplifies the making and receiving of calls for users of Spectrum Enterprise Hosted Voice. Featuring an intuitive icon-based interface, Unity provides point and click call control within the familiar desktop environment.
Unity improves work force collaboration by simplifying internal and external communication.
- Follow the installation instructions to download and install Unity Desktop.
- Launch Unity Desktop.
- The first time you launch Unity after the install, you will see the following, select OK.
- Enter your Login ID and Password and select OK.
- You should have been provided your Login ID. This is your 10-digit telephone number.
- Your password is your Web Access/Software Password.
Note: This is the same Login ID and Password used for accessing the User Web Portal.
- To complete and save settings select OK at bottom right.
Note: If you choose Remember my login ID and Remember my password, you will not be prompted for these credentials upon subsequent Unity launches.
Unity is split into three functional areas:
- Call Control
- Includes features and functions that can be performed for placing calls, handling active calls and locating settings associated with your account.
- Active Call
- Window Displays the status of all current calls.
- User Status
- Displays current user status for users you have selected. By default, the users displayed are those in your department.
Unity can be dragged from the bottom right corner to the required size.
The Active Call Window resizes independently by dragging the border at the bottom of the window [where the lower red line is in the illustration above]. When Unity is closed, all current settings will be saved.
Unity can also be maximized and minimized using the standard buttons in the top right-hand corner of the application.