The Call Park service lets users place a call on hold so that any member of the call park group or enterprise can retrieve it by using the Call Park Retrieve service.
The Group Call Park feature provides a hunting mechanism so that when parking a call, the service looks for an available user within the parking user's Call Park group for a place to park the call. Each user can only be assigned to one Call Park group.
To access Call Park settings, follow these steps:
- From the dashboard of the admin portal, select Group Services from the left-hand navigation.
- In the Site Services drop-down menu, select Call Park.
Settings for Call Park
The Alternate Recall User option lets you define a second person to receive parked calls. After selecting the alternative user, you then define how the recall alert notifications are handled:
- Alert parking user only
- Alert parking user first, then alternate user (alternate user is alerted only if parking user does not answer the recall)
- Alert alternate user only
Note: This setting is initially set to Alert parking user only. It cannot be changed until an alternate recall user is selected. This setting is configured separately for each Call Park group when Group Call Park is used.
Settings for Group Call Park
The Display Timer controls (in seconds) how long the server waits before releasing the parking call (that is, the call, made with Group Call Park, used to park an incoming call.
To announce to the parking user the extension/directory number of the destination against which the call has been parked, check Enable parked destination announcement.
Settings for all Parked Calls
This section configures the options for parked calls:
- Ring Pattern for Recalled Calls: Configures the ringing pattern for recalled calls so that the recalled party knows whether a call is a recall or not.
- Recall Timer: The time (in seconds) after which the parked call is recalled.
- Alert Alternative Recall User Wait Time: The time (in seconds) after which to send the recalled call to the alternate user.
Call Park Groups
Call Park Groups define the set of available users that can take a particular user's parked call. To configure the Call Park Group settings, follow these steps:
- If a group is not already defined, select NEW. To add another group, select ADD and enter a name. You can also delete a group you no longer require by selecting it and selecting DELETE.
- Select the group to edit in the Group Name drop-down menu.
- Define the Alternate Recall User. The alternate recall user must be one of the hunt groups in your group or enterprise.
- Configure the Recall To options. They cannot be changed until an Alternate Recall User is selected.
- Search for users by entering Last Name, First Name, and/or Department name in the Users fields and selecting SEARCH.
- Add or remove users from the currently selected group:
- ADD > Add currently selected Available User to the group.
- < REMOVE Remove currently selected Assigned User from the group.
- ADD ALL >> Add all users in Available Users to the group.
- << REMOVE ALL Remove all users from the group.
Hint: To select a range of names, select the first name, press the SHIFT key, select the last name, and then release the SHIFT key. You can also select non-sequential names by pressing CTRL while you select on each name.
- Save your changes by selecting SAVE.