Version control is supported using the App Store mechanism. When a new release is available, the old version is removed from the App Store and users of the previous version are notified about the update possibility.
Anywhere Connect supports authentication with a user name and password for different services and servers requiring authentication. For convenience, the end-user can save a user name and password for different realms.
At any time, the user can edit the presence policies, (which are stored on the server). The user can see all contacts that are allowed to view the user’s presence (white list) and users that are not allowed to view the user’s presence (blacklist). This feature requires a compatible presence server.
Failover and Failback
The client supports failover and failback mechanisms for all used protocols: Xsi, XMPP, and SIP. This feature is used to:
- Detect multiple connection endpoints (per protocol)
- Order connection points by priority
- Connect to the highest priority connection point
- Reconnect to the next connection point by priority one (if there is a problem with the primary connection point)
- Provide a fallback mechanism to switch back to the primary, (which is the highest priority connection point)