Anywhere Connect provides support for users with multiple devices. This includes several features:
- Chat invitations are sent to all devices. Before the session is accepted, messages are sent to all devices, and once answered, the chat messages go to the device that sent a reply message.
- Retrieving one’s own presence notifications when another client updates the user’s presence. The client updates its own status based on the information it receives from the server.
- Accepting a shared presence invitation in one client is also recognized by another client and both clients start receiving presence updates.
- A new presence subscription made in one client is recognized in another. If the contact blocks the invitation, there are presence notifications sent from the server to all of the user’s clients indicating that the subscription was terminated. This information is shown to the user. If the client receives two presence authorization requests from two or more devices for the same user, it only shows one request to the user.
- Removing a contact from a contact list in one device is recognized in another client and the contact list is updated (that is, the contact is removed) in the other client as well.