This guide takes you through the process of installing Anywhere Connect on your desktop.
- Go to our Downloads and Links page and select the download link for Anywhere Connect.
- Depending on your settings you may be asked to save the file to your desktop. Select Save File and run from that location.
- Select Run.
- Select Next.
- Carefully read the agreement and, when ready, select I Agree (twice).
- Select your desired options and then select Next.
- Leave install location as it is and select Next.
Note: If you have an existing version of Anywhere Connect on your system, it will ask you if you want to uninstall before installing. Select Yes. You should not see this the first time you install the application.
- At the Start Menu Folder window select Install.
- Wait for install.
- When finished, select Next.
- Select Finish.
- Once the application launches, enter your 10-digit telephone number and then your software access passcode.
- You are now able to use the application for Instant Message and Presence, as well as Voice and Video calls.
C. Outlook Contact Search
If you would like your Outlook personal contacts to be searchable, follow these steps.
- Select the Preferences icon.
- Then select the dropdown next to General to expand the menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Select the slider next to Enable Outlook contact search.
Your location is automatically determined by your public IP address; however, you can manually set the text to appear for your location and time zone using the location dialog box. Select the location listed under your status drop-down. To open the My Location dialog box.
E. Desktop Share
If you are an Anywhere Connect Enhanced or Premium user, you must also add your Desktop Share Credentials to allow you to share your desktop with other Anywhere Connect users. These credentials should be provided by our Hosted Voice Implementation team.
- Log in to Anywhere Connect and select the Preferences icon.
- Select the dropdown next to General.
- Then, select Advanced.
- Scroll down to Credentials.
- Under Web Collaboration enter your username and password.
- Username – This should be your 10-digit telephone number @brighthouse.bc.im
- Password – This is provided by your Hosted Voice Services Implementation team.