Anywhere Connect supports the following service management features allowing supplementary services to be managed. From the main menu, select Call Settings. From here, you can configure Do Not Disturb, Call forwarding, using VoIP or mobile calling (applicable for mobile devices) and Spectrum Anywhere.
Spectrum Anywhere allows service providers to offer fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) services without any additional equipment.
Spectrum Anywhere simplifies communications for on-the-go users and remote users by extending the features of a desk phone to any other fixed or mobile device, regardless of the network or handset manufacturer. Callers dial one number and can reach you on any phone the user chooses. A desk phone, cell phone, and/or a softphone may ring simultaneously.
Enjoy voice call continuity with the ability to move live calls from one device to another without hanging up.
To access your Settings, open your main menu and select Settings.
- To enable this feature on your mobile application, navigate to your Call Settings menu, then select Calling.
- Proceed to select Spectrum Anywhere.
- Then, tap Add Location.
- Enter the phone number of the device that you want to ring in the Telephone # text box and tap Done.
- To activate this phone number, tap the Active slider.
- When complete, select Save in the upper right-hand corner.
Note: Only available with the UC Connect Plus bundle or Premium Feature packs.
You have the option to enable Call Forwarding, to do this, from the settings menu, select Call Forwarding.
- Enable the slider to active.
- Input a valid 10-digit number. Usually, this would be your cell number.
- Click Save when complete.
Do Not Disturb
When you activate this service, all calls are typically blocked by the server and sent to voice mail.
Using Anywhere Connect, you can call your contacts through your mobile network or by using VoIP. This option allows you to use the additional Connect features, including call transfers and three-way conference calls.
- To enable this feature on your mobile application, navigate to your main menu and enable the VOIP to active. The toggle will turn to a blue color when active.
Note: You can also access this feature under your Settings Preferences, under the Calling tab.
Updating Your Password
- To update your password from Anywhere Connect, navigate to your main menu and select Settings.
- Select Update Password.
- Enter your Current Password in the first, and then enter your new password two more times in the corresponding fields.
- Click Update Password when complete.
The troubleshooting function can be used if there are issues encountered with the application. It collects and sends diagnostic information to a predefined support e-mail address that is configurable via branding. This helps the support personnel to identify the issues. The information being sent consists of applications and media engine diagnostic logs.
Troubleshooting is managed by a menu entry in Settings. It can be accessed from two places in the client:
- Using the Help button on the Sign In screen – Clicking on Help opens the Settings screen that contains the help and troubleshooting-related entries. This can be used before the user signs in, which is most often for cases in which a user has issues with sign-in or connectivity.
- From the General Settings screen – Help and troubleshooting entries are available at the bottom of the Settings menu. These are accessible while the user is logged in.